- Raise global awareness of Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC) and its support of Word Diabetes Day (WDD), particularly within diabetes communities.
- Reinvigorate ADC employees, and align with the global WDD mission.
- Make a difference in the lives of people who are affected by diabetes.
- Partnered with the International Diabetes Federation as an official 2009 Official World Diabetes Day Partner
- Created a global steering committee to engage global affiliates, drive regional activities, provide regional representation and facilitated the exchange of ideas.
- Engaged employees through development of a tool kit that supported local media activities, increased the visibility of programs and internal awareness among ADC employees.
Affiliates from more than 38 countries as far apart as Australia and Mexico supported the campaign by organizing local, national and international events to mark the day. ADC events generated great global coverage of the day and ADC activities in local markets. Internal and external ADC communications were well placed relative to other official WDD Partners. Events and creative materials on campus received outstanding feedback from ADC associates.