- Highlight the rising number of people living with HIV in Europe who are unaware of their serostatus.
- Identify political, structural, clinical and social barriers to optimal testing and earlier care for HIV / AIDS.
- Promote public health best practices and guidance in Europe, with longevity beyond the meeting.
- Leveraged World AIDS Day to organized two-day summit in Brussels where high-profile experts and representatives from WHO, NGOs and EU institutions came together to call for optimal HIV/AIDS testing and earlier care.
- Engaged internationally renowned experts as Steering Committee members and presenters.
- Obtained endorsement and sponsorship from academic institutions, non-profit organizations and commercial partners.
Media relations conducted around the Summit produced 160 articles published in 23 countries, including BBC coverage.